Water Safety Ireland’s PAWS (Primary Aquatics Water Safety) outlines the essential life-saving guidelines that every child needs to know.
Written and designed for all age groups, with beautiful illustrations, a wealth of tips and advice, and all sorts of interactive games and puzzles to reinforce the lessons learned, PAWS offers simple common sense and every parent is more than qualified to guide their children through the lessons.
English and Irish digital lesson books are available with interactive puzzles to match. The lessons take just an hour or two and are completely FREE.
When your child has finished, these newfound skills make them a PAWS HERO. Complete the form below and we’ll send them a digital PAWS HERO certificate that they can colour in and make their own..
Grow in love
Veritas has made access to Grow in Love accessible for families and children.
Step 1. Simply login on the www.growinlove.ie website
Step 2: Email: type in Trial@growinlove.ie
Step 3: Password: type in growinlove
Covid 19 Time capsule activity
Haven pharmacy have an 11 page workbook available
If you are unable to print at home and require educational resources or other activities to be printed, Beara West Family Resource Centre can help. They are also available to support any other practical or emotional difficulties you may be experiencing as parents with children at home at this time. Contact Natalie: Call/Text: 0867806093 firstname.lastname@example.org
As we continue to work through unknown territory and challenging times, Food Dudes has adapted like many other learning mediums. We are pleased to invite you and your pupils to join Food Dudes Fun at Home via our website https://www.fooddudes.ie/food-dudes-fun-at-home/
Each week on Food Dudes Fun at Home, we will be providing free online, curricular linked resources, activity sheets, games, challenges and brand-new Food Dudes videos for the whole family to enjoy.
If you have a photo,piece of art,story or poem that you would like to share with the school please email it to email@example.com.
List of useful websites from March 28th, with a few more added! Have a snoop!
- RTÉjr– Watch, listen and play with RTÉjr. This is a one-stop-shop for entertaining your children with fun activities, games, and more.
- Twinkl – This site is offering resources free of charge for this month including worksheets, games, e-books and presentations. It is offering a free month’s subscription (enter offer code: IRLTWINKLHELPS).
- Jolly Learning– This site helps children with the correct pronunciation of sounds. Other interactive activities included.
- Séideán Sí – This activity-based online site complements the approach set out for Irish in the primary school curriculum.
- Go Noodle – This provides a selection of free videos, including dancing, exercise, meditation and reflection activities.
- Nessy – This website includes activities to help children learn how to read, write, spell and type.
- Top Marks – This online resource provides learning games covering all the curricular areas.
- Oxford Owl – A free e-Library from Oxford Reading Tree.
- YouTube– Search for ten amazing water experiments from Drew the Science Dude. Please note that YouTube has content that is not child-friendly so keep an eye on what they’re watching.
- Crickweb – This site offers free online education resources and games for a variety of age groups.
- PBS Kids – This site is filled with fun spelling games for children.
- Story Bird – A lovely online site for children who are interested in storytelling and writing. They even have stories about the Coronavirus and the importance of washing our hands.
- National Geographic Kids – Learn about science, geography and history. https://kids.nationalgeographic.com/
- Nasa Kids’ Club – Child friendly resource where kids can learn about science and space.https://www.nasa.gov/kidsclub/index.html
- I am an Artist – A visual arts initiative comprising 30 short TV programmes (each 6 minutes in length), an interactive website with slideshows, lessons, weblinks and interactive games, providing a stimulating collection of curriculum-mapped resources.http://www.iamanartist.ie/
- Scratch – Learn to programme interactive games, stories and animations.https://scratch.mit.edu/
- Khan Academy – Non-profit site with provides free video tutorials in maths and reading.https://www.khanacademy.org/
- Cúla4.com – A collection of resources as Gaeilge – cláir, físeáin, cluichí, tomhais agus srl.https://www.cula4.com/en/
- Ask about Ireland – A treasure trove of resources with an Irish interest, focusing on our national culture.http://www.askaboutireland.ie/
- RTE Home School Hub – On RTÉ2, RTÉ Player, and rte.ie/learn, children are able to watch, download and engage with curriculum-based content, project work, and fun activities that will keep them entertained and learning. Support material is uploaded daily on https://julieannedevlin.com/
- Storyline Online – a vast array of stories for all ages read to your child https://www.storylineonline.net/
Take virtual Tour
- Edinburgh Zoo – bit.ly/EdinburghZooCams
- Marwell Zoo (UK) – bit.ly/MarwellZooCams
- San Diego Zoo – bit.ly/SanDiegoZooCams
- Houston Zoo – bit.ly/HoustonZooCam
- Clear Water Marine Aquarium – bit.ly/ClearWaterMarineCams
- Trinity College Dublin
- The Long Room – bit.ly/TCDTheLongRoom
- National Library of Ireland – bit.ly/NationalLibraryIRL
- National Gallery of Ireland – bit.ly/NationalGalleryIRL
- National Museum of Ireland
- Medieval Museum Treasures of Medieval Waterford – bit.ly/MedievalWaterford
- Number Twenty Nine ESB’s Georgian House Museum – bit.ly/Number29
- The Pearse Museum – bit.ly/PearseMuseumTour
- Titanic Experience Cobh – bit.ly/TitanicExperienceCobh
- The Louvre, Paris – bit.ly/LouvreOnlineTour
- Anne Frank House, Amsterdam – bit.ly/AFHouseTour
- The Vatican Museums, Vatican City – bit.ly/TheVaticanMuseum
- The Guggenheim, New York – bit.ly/GuggenheimFromHome
- Pompeii, Naples – bit.ly/VirtualPompeii
- The British Museum, London – bit.ly/BritishMuseumVirtual